Converting an e-mail inquiry to an appointment...what's your trick ?

Created: 07/07/16 10:57:58AM by ik-a

Last Update: 07/13/16 02:41:22PM by Scott Hogue
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
IK-A
@ik-a

07/07/16 10:57:58AM

271 posts

Dear colleague's,

Getting an email from a prospect client is one thing, getting an appointment out af that is another thing.

One trick i use to make sure the client books their sessions fast, is giving them 5% discount on the first session, IF they book their sessions within the 48 hour. Using this trick, more e-mail inquiry's convert to an appointment. 

What is your trick to maximize your conversion from e-mail to appointment ?

Thanks!

IK

updated by @ik-a: 07/08/16 11:38:29AM

Graham Old
@graham-old

07/07/16 12:45:41PM

2,252 posts

No tricks whatsoever.

A timely and honest response is all I'll ever offer. 

IK-A
@ik-a

07/07/16 12:54:50PM

271 posts

Yes a fast response significantly increases the speed of email-to-appointment procedure. However, some people tend to delay this process, instead of booking right now, they book their sessions after one to two weeks... An unnecessary delay. 

To shorten the process of email-to-appointment , they need a reason, an extra motivation to book their sessions now and not a week or two later. 

Giving a fast and honest response is no doubt a must. However, some people need that extra push in the back to go ahead and book now. 

Greetings, 

IK

Graham Old
@graham-old

07/07/16 12:57:02PM

2,252 posts

I guess I don't understand why I would want someone to book now if they weren't ready. 

IK-A
@ik-a

07/07/16 01:00:36PM

271 posts

As I said, some people need the push...maybe they will never be ready otherwise... 

Let's hear some tips people. 

Greetings 

VeniceStu
@venicestu

07/07/16 04:28:46PM

228 posts

The thought of trying to trick someone into buying something from you, just doesn't sound right. Selling value to a solution may be appropriate but I just cant get behind answering your question about tricking someone. If you trick someone into buying they may have regrets when they come in and you don't have proper rapport, something very important to a new client who is either going to sing your praises or yelp your faults. Having been involved in several businesses over the years I have found this to be very successful in getting new clients, I ALWAYS get out two business cards when collecting payment, and ask them if they would so kind as to do me a favor, during your normal conversations with your friends and family could you please pass this card to someone who could use my services, I would be so grateful. I now have someone actively looking for an opportunity to pass my card to someone. I get lots of referrals because I asked, and they wanted to help me and that's how they could have a reciprocal relationship. It works perfect for me, and I always thank them and let them know how much I appreciate there efforts, Having an unpaid sales force is a very valuable asset that most over look.

Roy Hunter
@roy-hunter

07/07/16 04:49:17PM

1,718 posts

My response varies according to the presenting problem and the degree of interest. If I have any doubts whatsoever regarding the prospective client, I offer a free consultation "to determine whether I am the right person for you to see..."

Most of my free consultations evolve into client relationships; but if the client cancels or no-shows, I will not re-book without payment in advance.

Fable Goodman
@fable-goodman

07/08/16 12:49:23AM

3,692 posts

Let the potential client take all the time they need to make their own wise decision (to either become a client or not).  Tell them to think about it as long as they need, to check out other hypnotherapists in the area who may be a better fit, and may be cheaper.. let them know that if they come up with any more questions they are welcome to ask and you will happily answer if you can... so that they are informed enough to make their own decision when the time is right for them.   

If they seem keen to make an appointment right away, persuade them to take a week or so to think about it, so that they are sure it is the right thing for them.

rather than giving a discount, you could even tell them, that if they want an early appointment... there is a surcharge of 50% extra for an appointment in the next few days.

(The idea of a 'trick' to lure them in fast, is abhorrent to me.  )

IK-A
@ik-a

07/08/16 01:08:03AM

271 posts

@venicestu : thanks for your input! I agree, 'tricking' doesn't sound right. However, there is a difference between a trick and tricking someone into anything.

I don't see a problem with using marketing techniques to make sure i earn as much money as i can, whilst helping people with 100% care and honesty. 

@fable : Dear fable, i finally found something i can disagree with you  :-)  I just don't want my clients to wait..some will wait forever. I have had many clients who came in my practice, not expecting anything to happen. They were my best clients, had the most phenomenal change. But i understand your point of view.

For me, earning a good income as a therapist is very important. This doesn't stop me from caring about my clients' wellbeing.

Nudging someone to book their appointment faster, is IMO no trickery or bad as long as they have a free will to make the appontment or not.

For the record : i have 6 offices and we net about $40.000 per month and about half of our clients find us through word ouf mouth.

Thanks all for your input!

updated by @ik-a: 07/08/16 01:09:14AM

Michael Ellner
@michael-ellner

07/08/16 05:42:15AM

5,814 posts

Hi Fable,
Fable Goodman:
(The idea of a 'trick' to lure them in fast, is abhorrent to me.  )

I agree! I direct this at any and all hypnotists who believe and act as if they know what is best for potential clients. 

YOU DON’T! Acting like "used car salesmen is not congruent with being a helping professional! (IMHO)

Michael E. 

Fable Goodman:
Let the potential client take all the time they need to make their own wise decision (to either become a client or not).  Tell them to think about it as long as they need, to check out other hypnotherapists in the area who may be a better fit, and may be cheaper.. let them know that if they come up with any more questions they are welcome to ask and you will happily answer if you can... so that they are informed enough to make their own decision when the time is right for them.    If they seem keen to make an appointment right away, persuade them to take a week or so to think about it, so that they are sure it is the right thing for them. rather than giving a discount, you could even tell them, that if they want an early appointment... there is a surcharge of 50% extra for an appointment in the next few days.   (The idea of a 'trick' to lure them in fast, is abhorrent to me.  )

Share This