it's making me go insane

Created: 08/14/17 06:10:44AM by matthew-ian-bradley

Last Update: 09/09/17 12:03:18PM by Daniel Oromaner, MBA, CCHt
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
matthew ian bradley
@matthew-ian-bradley

08/14/17 06:10:44AM

123 posts

So i have this 19yr old who i have been seeing for a couple of months. Initially he presented with IBS which he had suffered from for two years and was receiving treatment from doctor. He was in the middle of exams and naturally of an anxious disposition. I had tyo admire that asked for my help as he is a close friend of my son and at that age it can be embarrassing. Anyway we sorted the stress related IBS out within 3 weeks and he was in fine health but over the last couple of weeks he has been back to see me several times. He thinks somethings in him,touching him, trying to get out. I have used hypno, emdr and muscle tested him and the results have shown that his subconsious   doesnt agree with him in that it feels happy and is not feeling possessed. What can i do to convince his consious mind that everything is ok. Its the reverse of what i normally have to do. He's fine everytime he leaves my office saying yep i get it now and that he feels stupid to have bothered me. 

I got a text an hr ago from him saying he feels someone is touching him and tormenting him and that he cant fight it and its driving him insane! I will see him tomorrow evening. Any ideas more than welcome. Cheers Matt

updated by @matthew-ian-bradley: 09/12/17 09:46:15PM

Graham Old
@graham-old

08/14/17 06:41:31AM

2,252 posts

Have you tried any parts work? You could give what's inside him a voice. If, as with your muscle-testing, there appears to be nothing there, then you are most likely looking at something physiological. 

Has he seen his GP and/or a psychiatrist about it? Has it happened in the past, either in times of great stress, or in reaction to specific events. Does he present any sensory sensitivities? 

Kelley Woods
@kelley-woods

08/14/17 10:53:13AM

3,112 posts

I like Graham's suggestion of part work. What I sense missing from your work with this kid is empowering him to be able to shift states, to gain a sense of control over whatever is bugging him. Of course, ruling out any organic source of the distress is important, but I suspect that, due to his sensitive nature, he has simply switched out the IBS reaction to something else.

I've been working with a very similar young man, referred by his naturopath, and beyond the 3 sessions we have had to ease the IBS and general anxiety, what has helped him maintain a sense of calmness and confidence is using techniques to regularly elicit a relaxation response. If you think of the years that went into creating these states of dis-ease, it probably takes a while to retrain the nervous system. That happens with repetition.

Teach him how to use self-hypnotic skills to counter and relax those sensations and accompanying thoughts. Maybe some breath work combined with imagery, perhaps autogenic training, bi-lateral stimulation, or anything else that has worked quickly within your sessions. Ask him when he might use this, augment that with your own suggestions and also tell him that he can use it to stay ahead of the stress, tension, anxiety and weird feelings! Within a relatively short time, he will be able to retrain his brain and nervous system so that feeling fine becomes his normal state.

Daniel Oromaner, MBA, CCHt
@daniel-oromaner-mba-ccht

08/14/17 01:42:42PM

46 posts

Hi Matt,

I see you are studying with Dr. John Butler. I met him once at an ACHE Conference and have great respect for his knowledge and abilities! Have you posed the question to him?

I will say right now that as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on muscle testing. I don't think it is a reliable indicator. Over the years, I have also known people who used it to make almost all decisions, and that scares me! ;-)

Back to your situation. Does he REALLY believe something in him is touching him? It may be possible that he uses ailments for attention and since you were successful with the IBS, he seeks another avenue to be a sick victim. You might want to find out how his parents do or did treat him when sick. Without realizing it, I find many parents teach their kids to be sick by giving them undo attention at those times, and much less when they are healthy.

Assuming that isn't the problem, have you considered the possibility that he really is possessed? Does he have an extensive history with drugs and/or alcohol? As every Mormon or New Ager will tell you, habitual use of those substances creates holes in the aura that can allow such possession to happen. I would not discount the possibility.

In my practice, I have only dealt with one such individual. When he came to me he had been placed on anti-psychotic meds, yet he maintained a normal life and was employed full time. First I explained to him that he wasn't psychotic/schizophrenic. Then I worked on his anxiety and when his life started to get better, it was easier for us to differentiate the inputs from his "demon." In this case it was a "she." We figured out the things he did that she liked and what he did that she disliked. Basically, she wanted him to be unemployed and home all the time, seemingly so she could torture him easily!

We came to a place where I encouraged him to "fight back" and DO the things that bugged her. I portrayed it as a battle of wills, and that he could defeat her! Of course, the things I encouraged him to do in his life were all positive changes or continuations anyway. I should note that he never got messages to hurt himself or others. Nevertheless, the approach worked and as "she" realized that she couldn't run his life, the messages diminished. At some point his life was normal enough that he no longer needed my services.

I have no idea whether this in fact was a demon or something else manifested in his subconscious. I DO believe they exist and have known people who were most likely possessed, and also had patients who had loved ones who seemed to be possessed. If you are sensitive, you can feel when someone else seems to be controlling a loved one or a good friend. Their actions at times are very unlike them!

I know some people who do shamanic work in this area. I would love to learn more about this phenomenon so I could be even more helpful if I ever come across it again.

I hope that has been helpful.

Daniel Oromaner
Inner Power Hypnosis & Coaching

John Cleesattel
@john-cleesattel

08/14/17 11:16:19PM

3,176 posts

Hi Matthew,

I would suggest asking more about the logistics of the symptoms... when does he get them, what is he doing at the time, what had he been doing before that, do they start slow and build or just kick in full throttle right away, is it always in the same spot or does the symptom location move? etc.

I also agree with Graham that a managers meeting would shed some light on what is going on. Ask to talk to the part of them that is providing those symptoms, get the purpose, and then get the solution.

H.Y.P.N.O.S.I.S.
@hypnosis

08/15/17 08:45:07AM

1,011 posts

There is another possibility...something "uninvited" may be interfering.

Learn about:

Clearing...Removing the "Masquerading" Parts...Entity and Spirit Release 

Here's a useful link to start exploring more: 

http://montalk.net/notes/dislodging-negative-entity-attachments

updated by @hypnosis: 08/15/17 08:52:20AM

Kelley Woods
@kelley-woods

08/15/17 09:30:15AM

3,112 posts

H.Y.P.N.O.S.I.S.:
There is another possibility...something "uninvited" may be interfering. Learn about: Clearing...Removing the "Masquerading" Parts...Entity and Spirit Release  Here's a useful link to start exploring more:  http://montalk.net/notes/dislodging-negative-entity-attachments

Interesting link. The "postcard" ritual reminds me of something familiar...
No doubt, investigating more about what this young man thinks is bothering him will give clues about what ritual to use to help him resolve it. And Matthew, I know you are sharp enough not to suggest that he is possessed, I'm just bringing this up for any newbies reading.
I once worked with a woman who was a real wreck. By Session 3, we were finding some equilibrium and she informed me that ten years earlier, a shaman had told her that her soul was stolen when she was 3! Her life had gone downhill from that point. I asked her if we needed to retrieve it and she declined, saying that she now understood how damaging that suggestion had been to her. I was willing to do whatever it took, though! I have vanquished many of those dark things, in many forms, from many sources.

hypnomark
@mark-v-johnson

08/15/17 11:42:47AM

10 posts

I'd say give it a voice and dialog with what's going on, likely working with parts. I use a different form of Parts Therapy that connects with the physical, mental emotional and spiritual selves. The spiritual self usually ends up being higher self. As long as I can keep the client out of the way, I can get answers from higher self.

I respect the advice of those who say do not go looking for some sort of attachment, be it an earthbound soul or something even less positive, because there are often false positives in those situations. This is different as you did not go looking for it.

I am not saying it is or is not one of those I mentioned above, but by giving whatever that is a voice and discovering things like it's purpose, why it's there and how long it has been there, you should be on the right path.

Just be aware that if it happens to be one of the ones I mentioned above, they do like to play games and masquerade as more positive ones, so pay close attention.

Also please keep us updated on what you discover...

matthew ian bradley
@matthew-ian-bradley

08/16/17 02:00:54AM

123 posts

Fantastic responses. Very interesting and informative. So thank you. I won't go into too much detail re our rdv yesterday as once again the internet is down and I'm a one fat thump textes.

We had a really good pre chat. I said I'd contacted hypnothougts so he had the benefit of hundreds of years worth of hypno experts expérience working for him. He has a history of anxiety going back to junior school. Moving to France from the U.K. 5yrs ago at 14yrs old. A difficult age without having to learn a new language. Hi parents separated a year ago. However he said he was cool with that. I suggested subconsciously that maybe ( as suggested here) he had transferred the ibs symptoms that there was a need for empathy. He thought this possible. He's going to study psychology so has a keen interest in the subject matter. We worked on his current fear using emdr to update the computer. Then I showed him how to do autogenic hypno.which he loved. Empowering him to control what he thought was uncontrollable. Then using Dr flowers induction we had a managers meeting. The part giving him the weard feeling turned up but didn't talk. He said it was him. I asked the part what it's purpose was . In the end I asked to nod or shake its head. My client struggled to see this character clearly but said that once it nodded its head to agree to help it disappears. I asked him to see if he was sure it agreed, he said he thought so. I asked him to invite him back but he couldn't. The other parts creative,young, rebel, strong were all great and supportive. I then future paced him. I also showed him some breathing exercises to aid the auto hypno. He promised to do the exercises everyday to re write the software. 

I will write more to individuals and give an update  when my thumbs out of traction! Once again thanks for the response

Matt

H.Y.P.N.O.S.I.S.
@hypnosis

08/16/17 07:52:47AM

1,011 posts

matthew ian bradley:
we had a managers meeting. The part giving him the "weird" feeling turned up but didn't talk. He said it was him. I asked the part what it's purpose was . In the end I asked to nod or shake its head. My client struggled to see this character clearly but said that once it nodded its head to agree to help it disappears. I asked him to see if he was sure it agreed, he said he thought so. I asked him to invite him back but he couldn't. The other parts creative,young, rebel, strong were all great and supportive.  

Sounds to me like this "evasive" part is not really a member. Next visit, consider checking in again and asking that "entity/part/thought form" how long it has been with your client, since birth? The answer you receive may be shocking. If so, inquire where it came from, etc. If still unable to effectively communicate with this "entity/part/thought form", consider the possibility it is "masquerading", does not belong and needs to leave. Then, proceed with a clearing strategy.

Share This