Regression and past life regression

Created: 09/09/16 09:55:59AM by vrd

Last Update: 08/17/17 08:55:41AM by Roy Hunter
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
Roy Hunter
@roy-hunter

08/07/17 09:04:07AM

1,709 posts

Before employing any type of regression (past life or current life), I give a client a short pre-talk regarding false memories...and the fact that we respond to our subconscious PERCEPTIONS of past events. Our perceptions can easily be altered by emotions; and we most often are dealing with a combination of fact and fantasy.

In other words, a "ufo-abductee wantabe" can create his or her own false memories, just as someone who believes he/she was an ancient Egyptian Pharoah could fantasize a past life regression into ancient Egypt. 

Past Life Regression QHHT
@past-life-regression-qhht

08/09/17 07:58:07AM

3 posts

There are a lot of great sources online to help you learn about past life regression. But I would also suggest talking with a professional. You can find a lot of different professionals on the internet that you should be able to contact.

Fable Goodman
@fable-goodman

08/13/17 04:53:20AM

3,666 posts

Roy Hunter:
.... we most often are dealing with a combination of fact and fantasy. In other words, a "ufo-abductee wantabe" can create his or her own false memories, just as someone who believes he/she was an ancient Egyptian Pharoah could fantasize a past life regression into ancient Egypt. 

That's right!
Here are a couple of clips from an old documentary, illustrating what can happen when a person (Jody who wants to change his sexuality) is regressed to a previous life.

"

Kelley Woods
@kelley-woods

08/13/17 09:00:10AM

3,104 posts

LOL Thank you, Fable! I need to get my own dummy!

Past Life Regression QHHT
@past-life-regression-qhht

08/15/17 06:00:07AM

3 posts

thanks for sharing that video!!!

hypnomark
@mark-v-johnson

08/15/17 11:55:44AM

10 posts

There are lots of good tips in this thread. As someone who specializes in Past Life Regression and Life Between Lives Spiritual Regression, I feel the need to add that it is important to start with a good solid foundation in Hypnotherapy before you begin learning past live regression.

I know there are some who teach anyone about past life, even without any background in hypnosis. I require my past life regression students to have hypnotherapy training before they attend my past life class.

Those who accept anyone with an interest in the topic may end up with 100-150 students in their class, but over 90% of them will do little to nothing with what they have learned.

In line with what has already been mentioned, I have found that people without a background in hypnosis tend to lead their clients, this is not a valid way to work in any sort of regression, including past life.

Start by finding a good hypnosis training course, then when you have a good understanding there, move into learning past life regression. You will be much more effective and your client's experiences, learning and healing will be on a much higher level.

Roy Hunter
@roy-hunter

08/15/17 12:27:37PM

1,709 posts

hypnomark:
...[snip] ...In line with what has already been mentioned, I have found that people without a background in hypnosis tend to lead their clients, this is not a valid way to work in any sort of regression, including past life. Start by finding a good hypnosis training course, then when you have a good understanding there, move into learning past life regression. You will be much more effective and your client's experiences, learning and healing will be on a much higher level.

Sadly, I have witnessed numerous past life regression demonstrations over the years with inappropriate leading. The same caution against leading applies to all regressions, whether past life or present life.

Barry Neale
@barry-neale

08/15/17 02:37:16PM

3,161 posts

Roy Hunter:
hypnomark:...[snip] ...In line with what has already been mentioned, I have found that people without a background in hypnosis tend to lead their clients, this is not a valid way to work in any sort of regression, including past life. Start by finding a good hypnosis training course, then when you have a good understanding there, move into learning past life regression. You will be much more effective and your client's experiences, learning and healing will be on a much higher level.
Sadly, I have witnessed numerous past life regression demonstrations over the years with inappropriate leading. The same caution against leading applies to all regressions, whether past life or present life.

Me too Roy,
I have heard some variation of the following so many times.
"in front of you see a door and when you step through that door you will go back to another life, another you, in a different time........."
How can they not know that is leading the client???
regards
Barry

Roy Hunter
@roy-hunter

08/15/17 07:19:01PM

1,709 posts

Barry Neale:
...[snip] ...I have heard some variation of the following so many times. "in front of you see a door and when you step through that door you will go back to another life, another you, in a different time........." How can they not know that is leading the client??? regards Barry  

In my opinion it is unethical to deliberately initiate a past life regression unless the client requests it. However, IF the client requests it, I will honor the client's request. Then I briefly describe several imagery techniques to initiate a regression, allowing the client to choose...and stepping through an imaginary door to a past life is one of them. In such a case, it is not inappropriate leading because:
1. The client has requested a PLR in advance of the trance; and
2. I also add suggestions "or to wherever you NEED to go, the choosing of your Higher Power..."
Sometimes the client regresses back to his or her youth to resolve a current problem instead of going back into a real or imagined past life.

Theresa Micheletti
@theresa-micheletti

08/16/17 07:52:36PM

38 posts

Dealing with abreactions is very important. If doing a regression/past life regression without the knowledge of dealing with reliving intense trauma, you do your client a real injustice. If you have not had training, clients can be worse off than when they came to you. Just taking the client out of hypnosis during an abreaction is not acceptable. Please get training for dealing with abreactions. Even doing an induction, a client can slip into an abreaction.... Exploring Past Lives can be a learning experience for the client and hypnotist especially understanding history, however the most helpful regressions and past life regressions are those that help people with issues in this life. Although I teach classic hypnosis as well as Past Life and our Lives on the Other Side, my personal clients are usually past life or regression clients. Since most come to me with an issue, regressing to the ISE in this or another life is often a quick way to deal with issues, however preventing abreactions or dealing with them is primary. Please get real Past Life Regression Training.

Share This