Ideomotor Typing (Modern Autowriting)

Created: 09/09/17 01:31:26PM by john-hall2

Last Update: 09/16/17 08:55:22PM by Brian Green
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
VeniceStu
@venicestu

09/11/17 07:00:14AM

228 posts

It could be your mind is working on other things while it satisfies​ other thoughts put on hold.

In your example: "throughout history man  had only one thing on his mind" 

Snow = snow Plow, snow blower, cool, virgin snow

Or just a Freidian slip of the fingers

Interesting none the less, you'll have to wait till it happens again and look with a knew awareness

Graham Old
@graham-old

09/11/17 07:12:06AM

2,252 posts

In my fiction writing, I have come back to a piece and noticed whole paragraphs that I had no recollection of writing.

And they're normally pretty good!

However, unlike your example, they fit with the context and make sense.

Don G.
@don-g

09/11/17 09:19:37AM

1,528 posts

When we look at the performance of piano players and composers, their flexibility highlights the fact that we have two ways of looking at thnigs, either by individual notes or by their context within an overall pattern. We often have to shift our attention back and forth between the patterns and their respective elements in order to produce a finished work, sometimes ignoring specific details. And if you want to switch from one musical style to another, a good pianist will know just where to make the changes without always being consciously aware of them. 

Don 

updated by @don-g: 09/13/17 01:47:55PM

init
@init

09/11/17 03:35:07PM

489 posts

Perhaps. like driving on a long journey everything automates, but it's not always repetition because as the road meanders, everything changes so responses are generated ahead of time.

A simple hand shake is a single unit of behaviour performing a complex task. Well practiced,  micro responses might seem to be sealed within their own time frame ticking by like a second hand to be observed.

When units of behaviour have to be generated on the spot, such as an improvisation, from the position of an observer, it could be like an epiphany in the making, or it could be a few unconscious blinks of an eye.

Creativity might be in one form, a whole lot of time, thinking, and compressed in an instance.

Perhaps.

Simon Tebbenham
@simon-tebbenham

09/12/17 06:34:00AM

391 posts

It happens to me a lot - I type in a random word in Google instead of the URL I was supposed to go to - more so if I'm having a conversation at the same time.

So if one was to check my search history and see 'wet tits vs dry tits, which is better?' we can all live comfortably knowing that my intention was to look up business accounting advice :)

John Hall2
@john-hall2

09/12/17 09:56:52AM

63 posts

HAHAHAHAHA!

Don G.
@don-g

09/12/17 03:37:11PM

1,528 posts

Simon Tebbenham:
It happens to me a lot - I type in a random word in Google instead of the URL I was supposed to go to - more so if I'm having a conversation at the same time. So if one was to check my search history and see 'wet tits vs dry tits, which is better?' we can all live comfortably knowing that my intention was to look up busineitoss accounting advice :)

Some titillating possibilities for investigation here. (Did I say that?)
 _

updated by @don-g: 09/12/17 03:41:34PM

Fable Goodman
@fable-goodman

09/14/17 05:16:35AM

3,692 posts

Simon Tebbenham:
 'wet tits vs dry tits, which is better?'

Apparently it is a matter of personal preference, experience and technique .
As you would expect, Erickson had a bit to say about this, in his book: 'My force will go with you',  
as this extract demonstrates:

updated by @fable-goodman: 09/14/17 05:23:00AM

Simon Tebbenham
@simon-tebbenham

09/15/17 02:38:19AM

391 posts

What was Erikson doing writing about business accounting advice??

Fable Goodman
@fable-goodman

09/15/17 02:45:34AM

3,692 posts

Simon Tebbenham:
What was Erickson doing writing about business accounting advice??

That's Right!

Share This