How can I sell my hypnosis business

Created: 11/20/16 04:22:50PM by ik-a

Last Update: 12/04/16 07:28:19PM by Jeff Bliss
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
IK-A
@ik-a

11/20/16 04:22:50PM

271 posts

Hi good and helpful people of hypnothoughts.

I have a very succesful hypnosis practice in Europe. I earn around 10.000 euro's from my own Sessions and i earn about 5.000 to 6.000 euro's from monthly commissions (other hypnotherapists working for me - i get paid a fee for every session i send them) Add to that one course every one to two months, monthly average income is about 18.000 euro's net.

I have a very strong appearance on the web, my website is ranking first place for many most searched terms related to hypnosis.

As to why i want to sell my business : i just about had it with Hypnosis. İ need some rest now before i figure out what to do next (im on the edge of a burnout).

Now my question would be : how can I sell my business? What is a fair price to ask? Where should i look for a buyer?

updated by @ik-a: 08/22/17 06:14:43PM

Barry Neale
@barry-neale

11/21/16 01:42:45AM

3,187 posts

HI

A lot of this will depend on how you have structured your business. If you have set yourself up as the "expert" and the name of your practice is "Fred Smiths Hypnosis Centre". If you have built a reputation personally as being the "go to" expert then you are going to struggle to sell the practice. 

All the "good will" that you have built up in the area is connected with you personally so it would of no advantage for anyone to buy the business from you.

However, if you haven't made yourself the expert and your business is something like "Local" Hypnosis Centre and IT has the reputation then it is possible to sell it on because the value is in the business.

I learned this many years ago from Patrick Porter who started Positive Changes Hypnosis in the US in the 90s. If you visited one of his centres you would never know that he was the force behind it.

I followed this idea and sold my old practice about 15 years ago for a healthy sum to someone else who was starting up in the area.

regards

Barry

IK-A
@ik-a

11/24/16 01:56:25AM

271 posts

Dear Barry,

my hypnosis centre is definitaly not about me as person. It has a very big value, it yields alot of money. Now rests one more dilemma : how do i find the person who wants to buy and more importantly, who can pay what it's worth...

Thanks for your response! 

Barry Neale
@barry-neale

11/24/16 04:28:24AM

3,187 posts

HI

That's the difficult one.

For me it was easy as I sold it to someone I knew.

The other alternative would be a business transfer agent. I don't know if they have them in your country but basically they are an estate agent for businesses.

regards

Barry

I was involved in a transaction of this type. Please pm me and will give you a couple of my experiences. 

Share This