Mal De Debarqueuent Syndrome

Created: 02/09/09 07:44:55PM by craig-homonnay

Last Update: 02/04/12 11:06:19AM by FernTausig
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
Craig Homonnay
@craig-homonnay

02/09/09 07:44:55PM

57 posts

HiHas anyone here had any success treating Mal De Debarqueuent Syndrome ?What is Mal de Debarquement Syndrome?Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (or MdDS) is an imbalance or rocking/swaying sensation often both "felt" and "seen" by the sufferer that occurs after exposure to motion (most commonly after a sea cruise or a flight). Although other forms of travel have been known to trigger it.After alighting or "debarking" (debarquement) the traveller continues to feel "all at sea", unable to get their land legs back. Although most travellers can identify with this feeling and do actually experience it temporarily after disembarking, unfortunately in the case of MdDS sufferers it can persist for many weeks, months, even years afterwards.The symptoms are with you constantly, they never leave, nor can they be alleviated by any anti-motion sickness drugs (eg Stemetil, Serc etc)"Like trying to constantly walk on a mattress or trampoline"is a good description of the main symptom, which is usually most pronounced when the patient is sitting still; in fact, the sensations are usually minimized by actual motion, for example driving.

updated by @craig-homonnay: 06/15/19 11:25:43PM

Michael Zappellini
@michael-zappellini

02/09/09 11:17:53PM

121 posts

Hi Craig, this disembarkment syndrome it's fairly newly considered there are not enough research about it and it is quite rare, personally i believe that an anxiety treatment with hypnosis cannot hurt, but that's all I have to say.CheersMichael

Craig Homonnay
@craig-homonnay

02/10/09 01:32:01AM

57 posts

Thanks MichaelI was thinking along similar lines....

Pattie Freeman CHT,CI
@pattie-freeman-chtci

02/11/09 03:50:00AM

724 posts

Craig,Thanks for bringing this topic up this is one I was unaware I know alot of people who wouldn't know would probably say this would be a symptom of Vertigo.

Craig Homonnay
@craig-homonnay

02/11/09 03:38:11PM

57 posts

Thats true PattieIt will be interesting to find out if Hypnosis can help in this case .Especially since nothing else has so far .Craig

Pattie Freeman CHT,CI
@pattie-freeman-chtci

02/22/09 11:18:26PM

724 posts

Why don't you try the same as vertigo...and anxiety symptoms also. Hypnosis getting to relax and relieving stress can only help.

Craig Homonnay
@craig-homonnay

07/31/09 05:02:29PM

57 posts

Just thought I would share the follow up of this case with those that may be interestedIt has been 6 months since I have seen this client and decided to phone her to to see how she was goingShe reported that all of her symptoms have gone and she is now living a normal happy life ....but is not sure if the hypnosis was the reason for the turn around .....just a coincedence :)For anyone that is interested it took 3 sessionsregression and chair work ......I love this work :)

Joshua Johnston
@joshua-johnston

08/01/09 07:49:05AM

232 posts

Congrats, Craig. Sounds like you did a good job!Joshua

FernTausig
@ferntausig

02/04/12 11:06:19AM

101 posts

Is this the same as sea sickness? I was asked if I can help prevent sea sickness

Thanks

Fern

Share This