What is Your Favorite Hypnotic Suggestion?

Created: 08/18/17 07:10:13AM by don-g

Last Update: 08/28/17 04:56:02AM by Don G.
Back to Previous Page Reply to Discussion
Don G.
@don-g

08/18/17 07:10:13AM

1,528 posts

I just saw a Facebook post which asked this question: "What is Your Favorite Hypnotic Suggestion?"  and I thought I would repeat it here.

Many of us have more than one, of course, and multiple entries are OK. (But "OMG!" doesn't count!)  

Here's mine:  "You will obtain everything you wanted from today's session, regardless of whether or not it was specifically included in the suggestions you were given." This, of course, boadens the scope of the sessin to include issues the client may not be fully aware of. 

Don

updated by @don-g: 08/18/17 07:20:54AM

Scott Hogue
@scott-hogue

08/18/17 07:13:04AM

409 posts

That's right.

best,

Scott Hogue

John Cleesattel
@john-cleesattel

08/18/17 11:36:07PM

3,176 posts

Are you ready?

Simon Tebbenham
@simon-tebbenham

08/19/17 04:34:21PM

391 posts

Favourite suggestion....

This isn't 'MY' favourite, because I've never used it, but it could be the double (triple) cop-out bind which would go along the lines of "it may happen quickly, or it may take a while...it may not happen at all... but whichever it is, let that be the signal that x, y or z is gonna rock your susceptible world, mo fo. 

Don G.
@don-g

08/20/17 06:19:02AM

1,528 posts

Simon Tebbenham:
Favourite suggestion.... This isn't 'MY' favourite, because I've never used it, but it could be the double (triple) cop-out bind which would go along the lines of "it may happen quickly, or it may take a while...it may not happen at all... but whichever it is, let that be the signal that x, y or z is gonna rock your susceptible world, mo fo.     

You really should use it, because it works best when speaking slowly while looking into a mirror, repeating it several times for maximum effect.

updated by @don-g: 08/20/17 06:41:18AM

Don G.
@don-g

08/20/17 04:27:31PM

1,528 posts

Scott Hogue:
That's right.   best, Scott Hogue

This works best when it is shouted loudly in response to the specific suggestion that you have given them earlier, that they will declare that you are the world's greatest hypnotist.
Best,
Don

Don G.
@don-g

08/20/17 04:29:46PM

1,528 posts

John Cleesattel:
Are you ready?

This works best when spoken softly by a female hypnosis partner in the throes of  intimate situations to which both parties have consented.

updated by @don-g: 08/23/17 05:13:14AM

SpencerB
@spencerb

08/21/17 06:25:57AM

2 posts

After achieving eye, arm catalepsy then negative hallucination, ~ 3-5 minutes into the "real hypnosis".

"I can hypnotize you hundreds of ways, impossible to resist."  

Don G.
@don-g

08/21/17 11:14:20AM

1,528 posts

SpencerB:
After achieving eye, arm catalepsy then negative hallucination, ~ 3-5 minutes into the "real hypnosis". "I can hypnotize you hundreds of ways, impossible to resist."    

Hi Spencer,

I like to tell clients just the opposite, especially if they happen to have any trust issues, i.e., "You will accept only those suggestions that will be of benefit to you, and which you are willing to accept."  

This is essentially true anyway, of course, but specifically including tese kinds of reassurances during an induction can be very helpful in establishing the kind of rapport which is necessary for an effective therapeutic relationship, and dispelling any lingering doubts that the hypnotist is merely a control freak.

Best,

Don

updated by @don-g: 08/23/17 05:11:04AM

Tim Ringenberg
@tim-ringenberg

08/21/17 02:55:25PM

12 posts

I like to link a color, say red or green, to the post-hypnotic suggestion. "Every time you see the color green, whether its the green of the grass, leaves, or a houseplant, whether its the green traffic light of an intersection, the color green will reinforce any and all suggestions given to you in this session" or thereabouts.

Comments after the session generally include, "wow, that plant is REALLY green!"

Share This